Speakers > Speakers Resume
<< Back to list of speakers
Company: Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza (CATIE-NICARAGUA) / Center for Tropical Agricultural Research and Education (CATIE-NICARAGUA)
Title: Director of the Regional Program of Coffee
• Coffee Thematic Group Leader coordinating research, training and outreach between various coffee projects in the institution
• Coordinator of Multi-sector Strategies to strengthen the capacity for innovation of farm households and growers organizations to innovate under ecological and economic uncertainty
• Coordinator of Development of Linkages between small producers Central American producers and specialty coffee markets.
• Coordination of regional network of long-term research trials on ecological basis for coffee management
• Development of funding proposals for multi-stakeholder approaches to building farmer capacity in ecological management of agriculture.
• Supervision of students and teaching agroecological courses in Master’s program
Ph.D. (1991), University of Cambridge, Department of Botany, Tropical Ecology. Thesis “Nitrogen and phosphorus dynamics of systems integrating trees and annual crops in the tropics”.
B.A. (Honors) (1987), Class 1, Natural Sciences (Botany), University of Cambridge .